3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How do you access "help" for Windows 7 on your computer?

OK here's a dumb question - I have an HP Pavilion Laptop. When I am at the desktop and push F1 for Help, which should bring up Windows 7 help, I get HP's "help" for my computer's features instead! HP apparently took over the key for their own use. When I go to Control Panel and click Help and Support, it again brings up HP's computer feature help.

What the heck???

How do I access built-in Windows 7 help? In XP I pushed F1 and got XP help. In Windows 95, same thing.

Does Windows 7 come without "help" installed on a person's computer or did HP actually have the nerve to snitch the key and use it for their own help??

(What I wanted to know was whether Windows 7 clipboard comes with the feature of saving multiple pastes and if so, how to access it IF and when I want to use it).

Thank you -
    Kelliann

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try typing in help and support in the start menu search box and see if the windows help gets listed there.

I don't think there is a multiple copy clipboard manager in Win 7.
    Last edited by Infinicore; 2012-02-29 at 10:59.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Infinicore - nope, that didn't work. Just brought up a bunch of files that happened to have the word Help in the name or something, but no windows help to be seen. I just looked in Control Panel under H for help and W for windows help - nothing there. I looked under c:/windows. There's a Help folder but I saw nothing that would open Windows help.

I am stymied.They didn't totally remove installed help from Windows 7, did they?

Kelliann

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think you can still browse or search the standard windows Help and Support from the top of that F1 window (or use Fn+F1 to avoid it?): Disabling HP Advisor with F1 key

Bruce

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I found this: http://www.computerhope.com/shortcut/windows.htm and it says I should be able to push the Windows Key and F1 to get Windows operating system help. But it doesn't. It just opens that miserable HP help. I wonder if anyone with an HP Pavilion and Windows 7 Home Premium has found Windows Operating System help anywhere.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    When you click the Start Orb or press the Windows key "Help and Support" may appear in the right panel. If it does not right click the start orb, select properties. On the "Start Menu" tab, click the "Customize" button, find "Help" in the List and click the Check box. "OK" your way out.

Joe