3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

deleting records in a recordset (Access2000)

I have the following codes in my program to delete a set of records in a recordset:

Do While rstDetail.EOF <> True
    rstDetail.Delete
    rstDetail.MoveNext
    Loop

They work fine on most machines that I tested but when I run the program on a Compaq Proliant 800 machine, it might delete 2 out of 300 records only. I copy the entire program on other machines and it works perfectly. I wonder if there is anything on my machine setting that needs to be changed.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: deleting records in a recordset (Access2000)

Why are you deleting the records one by one instead of just executing a delete query on all of them? The latter would be much faster.
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I was trying to find out if a particular computer has problem in deleting records and thus wrote this short program to do so. In fact the Compaq Proliant 800 (312MB RAM PIII 550) is the only one that could not completely delete all the records whereas a Compaq DeskPro EN (PIII733) deletes them no problem. The delete query works fine on both but shouldn't the program work the same on both machines?

Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I suspect that it is all due to the version of ADO that I used. I used ADO 2.1 and had that problem but after I upgraded to ADO 2.5 on the same machine, everything works fine!