3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Distribution Lists

Is there an easy way to copy a Distribution List from a coworker? I've been asked to update one of my lists which has well over 30 names, making it an easy target for me to mess up. I remember that (many years ago) cc:Mail created small files which my coworkers and I could share to ensure that our lists were all up to date. But I have never found such a feature in Outlook.

I tried to Reply To All from one of these emails and then copy the addresses from that new message. But Paste into what?

Must I really manually recreate a list when a corrected and verified one already exists in someone else's Outlook?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Is your list a Group? Groups can be forwarded to other users who have Outlook and they can be opened and saved by the person who receives them.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No, the list of names is plucked from the Address Book and is saved in a Distribution List. Of course the worst part of modifying an existing list is checking-off a list from one email against another.

I see "Add New Group", but have never used it. Sounds like you're suggesting that I (we) create should create Groups instead of Distribution Lists so that we can share our Groups.

Is there a downside to using Groups instead of Distribution Lists? Whats the difference between Distribution Lists and Groups?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    There's no difference. They were Distribution Lists until 2007 but Groups in 2010: Create and edit a Contact Group (formerly distribution lists)

See Add a Contact Group received from someone further down that same page.

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2012-03-02 at 16:03.