Thread: Need less

New Lounger
    Thanks

Need less

Sorry if I've landed up in the wrong area.
    My wife has Office 2007.
    However, it's over kill and she only uses Outlook and Powerpoint display.
    All the extra space used plus updates etc. on all the other sections are a waste of time and space for her.
    Is it possible to just install Outlook and PPS with out all the other sections?
    If so, how and in non tech jargon if it's possible please?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Hi,Welcome to the Lounge,Yes, it is possible to remove the parts you do not need, if you have it installed, already, although I must say that unless your low on available disk space, I personally would not remove anything. If you have it installed, you can change your installation from the control panel and uncheck any components that you do not want.
    It's a bit like it is described here:http://office-watch.com/t/n.aspx?art...inate=falseThe option to choose on how to start the undesired Office parts removal depends on the operation system you are using, so please inform us of that.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Ruirib,
    Thank you for the information and the link.
    Has not yet been added to her system therefore, will be able to choose what's required.
    Still on XP. When I checked on "add/remove" on another computer running XP with all of 2007, there was no break down to remove any particular section from an already installed system.
    So if I do run into this situation in the future when I might need to remove a section when running XP, how would I do that?
    Thanks.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    If you click the Microsoft Office 2007 in Add / Remove programs, you will see that you have two buttons - Change and Remove. Clicking change will allow you to do as I explained. You need to click over the name, in the list of programs in Add / Remove, to get the two buttons.