Thread: Lenovo Veriface

Lounger
    Thanks

Lenovo Veriface

I always have a window appear while booting that is for Lenovo Veriface. I assume this is for some sort of Logon Security? I just click the box to close it, but gets rather tiresome. I've searched on this for doing a removal and have done as suggested... Go to Start - All Programs - Lenovo VeriFace Recognition # - click on VeriFace Recognition # - click on 3rd tab with the wrench (settings) - Unclick check mark in Logon settings - Click save on the bottom botton with the crossed hammer and wrench My problem is,, none of this is there?

I can do a START Search for Veriface and nothing is found, If I search for LENOVO I get limited results, nothing like the 'fix' talked about? I also looked via MSCONFIG for a Start option for this.. Nope. Also in Boot, Nope.

So, I have no idea where my PC (Win7) is getting the ability to show this screen?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PackGy View Post
    I can do a START Search for Veriface and nothing is found, If I search for LENOVO I get limited results, nothing like the 'fix' talked about? I also looked via MSCONFIG for a Start option for this.. Nope. Also in Boot, Nope.

So, I have no idea where my PC (Win7) is getting the ability to show this screen?
    Hi "PG"

Have you looked in "Installed programs" ? also you could try this free program UltraFileSearch It will look inside folders and you can specify where and how to search ...great little program Regards Fred

PS: you could also try "AutoRuns"
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2012-03-03 at 16:14.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Using Ultra File Search I located what I think is the path. C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Verfice\VerifyHost.exe Then used AutoRun to look for VerifyHost but do not see where this is actually called to execute? I did find both programs you suggested to search with to be good. Looks like we will just live with this popup. Thanks.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Using Ultra File Search I located what I think is the path. C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Verfice\VerifyHost.exe Then used AutoRun to look for VerifyHost but do not see where this is actually called to execute?
    "PG"
    Hello.. Now I'm confused...Do you find this when looking in "Installed programs" as well ? Also when you click on the .exe what happens? Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Lounger
    Thanks
    The Control Panel Install/Uninstall does not show Veriface\VerifyHost.exe. I only saw it as a result of Ultra Search. If i click VerifyHost.exe I will see the prompt window in question.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    The Control Panel Install/Uninstall does not show Veriface\VerifyHost.exe. I only saw it as a result of Ultra Search. If i click VerifyHost.exe I will see the prompt window in question.
    "PG"
    OK ... Then what if you delete the folder? ...or better yet ..Just to test rename the "VerifyHost.exe" to "VerifyHost1.exe"..That will stop it for sure.
    PlainFred

Lounger
    Thanks
    If nothing else this has been interesting. I changed the name and rebooted. Got an error screen basically saying... I can't find the
    executable file VerifyHost ?? So I changed it back and rebooted OK. There must a startup file somewhere that contains code to execute this..? Strange they would make removing this so hard. Must be a common situation, I see others that also want to remove it. Not a biggy... when the window appears you just click the x-box to close the window.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    If nothing else this has been interesting. There must a startup file somewhere that contains code to execute this..? Strange they would make removing this so hard. Must be a common situation, I see others that also want to remove it.
    "PG"
    Hello... Most likely a registry entry points to that ".exe". The next thing would involve doing a "Registry Search" for that entry...You would have to open the Registry Editor> Edit> Find> ...Input the name to the search box.. Then keep hitting F-3 until all entries are found .. Once you find the one your looking for you can Export it to some folder ...and see if that does the trick...If not you then can "merge" it back to where you exported it from.... Tip.... do a full Image backup before messing with the Registry.. Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PlainFred

Lounger
    Thanks
    Than you for all your help. One thing I feel very unsecure about is messing with the Registry. I'm no whiz (obviously) but I do know that you mess this up and you are in deep do-do. So, think I will just live with the Veriface pop-up. Thanks again!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I did a Google search for Lenovo Veriface, and found many items about uninstalling the software on the Lenovo forums. Based on this thread, it sounds like you can uninstall it from Windows Safe Mode.
    Rick Groszkiewicz
    Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)