1. New Lounger
    Thanks

Upgrade from Office 2010 Home & Student to Office 2010 Professional

I have Home & Student on my computer and was recently given an Office Professional 2010 disk by Microsoft. When I run the setup file on the Pro disk, it opens a window for changing the installation of the Home & Student installation (Add/Remove features, Repair, Remove, Enter Product key.) If I choose Remove, will all of my settings be removed, too? Do I really have to remove the Home & Student version before I can install Professional? If not, how do I get the Professional version to go through setup?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Try using Add/Remove features. The only difference between the two versions are the features- Outlook being one of them.

Jerry

4. Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 990 Posts
    If you remove Office, your settings won't be affected. I am not sure whether you are offered the option to keep them, but a previous experience with the complete removal of the beta 2010 version and subsequent reinstall of the final version, leads me to believe you won't have any problems.