New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Gaming results in Win 7 Crash

Games which used to play fine are now crashing Win 7 after a few minutes play, Could this be due to a change of video card? The previous card failed and was replaced by a Sapphire RadeonHD6570 with 1 Gb DDR3 Memory.

Thanks
    Possibly your new video card requires more power than the PC's power supply unit can supply.

Check the power requirements of the graphics card and the rating of the of the power supply unit.

Thanks
    Crofter, Welcome to the Lounge

May seem like a simple question, But did you update the drivers with the new card or let Windows install the drivers? Might be worth a trip to the ATI site for a look see for up to date drivers as well once you determine the power requirements are being met.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Hi Crofter, use this link to auto search for drivers updates. http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    400 Watt power supply recommended - I have 600 Watt
    I have latest driver
    Previous card had an extra PCIe connection but less memory
    I have been trying to update all my drivers but this has not helped yet.
    Any other suggestions will be

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Crofter, hello.

Take a look at the ATI troubleshooting tips page. It might give you some extra ideas about patching games etc.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you all for all the suggestions, I have tried quite a few of them but still have the trouble. A few days ago the PC packed up altogether and would not switch on so I think I may have been "up a gum tree" with this one and it will be the PC's PSU which is on the point of failing. I have ordered a replacement and will let you know if that solves it.
    Thanks again.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I ran into the same problem with a BF3 update. I have a SAPPHIRE 100324L Radeon HD 6570 2GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card. The Update caused a BSOD when i tried to exit the game and it messed with my windows startup so i have to repair everytime i get the BSOD. Got on Tech support with EA and was told to DL this driver (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...w_vista64.aspx) However it was only a BF3 issue until i installed this, now i crash shortly after booting up with this driver. DO NOT DL IT. I did some reserch and found this (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2584454) which seems to be similar to my issues. It works in safe mode, but not in normal startup once the new driver is installed. I sent AMD a tech support notice, so i'll see what they have to say.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

This might be the corrupted directX files of Java etc...., alternatively you can download the latest games from here and try for once to confirm the problem causing you.

pc games download

Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I found the problem. Fried RAM. Then a Fried mobo. The bad component was at a pci-e x16 slot. That's what happens when you use a screw driver to unlock your graphics card But now I have an intel 3820 proc and new 2011 socket mobo! YAY ME!