Lounger
    Thanks

Graphically Challenged

Photo Draw 2000 - Win ME

We have created a company logo image in four pieces. It looks great as a .mix file - good quality, smooth edges etc. When we save it as a transparent GIF for the web, the edges lose their roundness (smoothness) and become choppy looking. The logo appears on http://www.warmanfinancial.com.

Can anyone suggest a solution?
    TIA.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Graphically Challenged

since you're using a solid background, try using a jpg.

however... the blue warman doesn't look choppy to me, no worse than other text or images on the net so it could be a monitor resolution issue. plus gifs are by nature somewhat choppy, unfortunately you don't have much of a choice if you need transparent. Cursive text is harder to make smooth, just because it's cursive. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Carol: I redid the easier part (the black text) and got it to come out clearer, I think. If you'd like--it's a simple logo--email me whatever you've got for your original art and I'll "redo" it CorelDraw--a "real" graphics program. Don't get me wrong, I like PhotoDraw a great deal and it's terrific for some stuff--but not a corporate identity. techsupportgirl@home.com If you want the sample Word doc, just ask for it in the subject.

Lounger
    Thanks

Mary:

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps your thought of it being a monitor issue is on target. Also, thanks for suggesting the use of a jpg file. We'll give it a try.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the offer. I've sent you both the mix and gif versions of the file.