Lounger
    Thanks

Win7 disappearing Taskbar Icons

Periodically the executable icons appearing in the TaskBar disappearing. They are not relegated to the "hidden" part of the taskbar, and their processes are still loaded in memory. If I try to load the program by clicking on the executable file in in installed subdirectory, I get the message to the effect that "Program Name" is already loaded in memory...use the shown icon", which, of course, no longer shows.

When this occurs, all the executable icons are gone, and I cannot isolate it to anything I've run or problems I've had. To recover the icons I have to do a re-boot. Has anyone else run into this phenomenon?

6rtury

Lounger
    Thanks
    I have to correct my original post (a good reason for previewing posts before submitting). The icons are disappearing from the System Tray partof my toolbar, not the Taskbar/QuickLaunch portion. Still not sure my use of terminology is correct for Win7, but I hope the picture is clear.

Sorry
    6rtury

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Windows 7 calls them Notification Area icons. This Microsoft Fixit may be worth a try:

System icons do not appear in the notification area in Windows Vista or in Windows 7 until you restart the computer

Bruce

Thanks
    This link very well might solve your problem;http://www.winvistaclub.com/t43.html
    A pic is worth a thousand words.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chowur View Post
    This link very well might solve your problem;http://www.winvistaclub.com/t43.htm
    That's basically the same Microsoft Fix it, and ends up linking to it from the bottom of the second page.

Bruce