Results 1 to 5 of 5
2012-03-08, 10:33 #1
Favicon will not update in Firefox 10.0.2 bookmarks toolbar
I am at my wit's end.
I created a new favicon for one of my blogs:
I deleted the old one and replaced it with the new one--which I know worked because the icon appears in the address bar. BUT when I try to save it as a new bookmark, it gives me the old favicon. I've been googling for 60+ minutes and trying lots of stuff...but haven't had any luck.
1. I loaded the direct favicon link into my browser and hit Cntl-F5. Nothing.
2. I used some Firefox Addons (Check Places and FavIcon Reloader) to try and reload all the favicons and those did nothing.
3. I completely cleared my cache and history and restarted Firefox. NOTHING.
4. I tried the addon Favicon Picker 2 which completely borked my browser, so THAT didn't help.
5. I went into Firefox Tools | Privacy and removed all the individual cookies for my website. Still doesn't work.
6. I completely cleared the cache and history from IE (which I never use), just in case that was messing it up. Nope.
What am I missing?
I had a friend try and bookmark the site and it worked just fine for him, which makes me think it's something on my laptop that's somehow overriding it...?
2012-03-08, 16:13 #2
Quote from FF;Private Browsing allows you to browse the Internet without saving any information about which sites and pages you’ve visited. This article explains what information is not saved when in Private Browsing and gives you step-by-step instructions for using it.
Here is the link for the rest of the article;https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...ivate+BrowsingProblems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten
2012-03-09, 00:57 #3mart44Guest
Favicons in Firefox are stored as code in the bookmark. So how about deleting the current bookmark, going to the site and then re-bookmarking it?
2012-03-11, 18:13 #4
2012-03-12, 20:36 #5
And just like that, with no changes on my behalf (no rebooting, no add ons, nothing other than general surfing) the favicon changed itself. So I'm happy...but even more confused.