5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

removal of keyboard on a Philips freevents X52

Does anyone know how to remove the keyboard on a Philips Freevents X52 laptop. Found only one thing on Google where it said there was one screw holding the keyboard then release the tabs. But they did not say where the screw was and I cannot find one that looks in right place to hold keyboard. Maybe have to dismantle the case to access the screw (hope not).

Would be very grateful if anyone knows as have ordered a new keyboard to replace the faulty one from Ebay.

Any pictures or sketches would be even easier to follow if possible.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh dear seems no one can help me
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ah! found out where the screw was .
    The back cover needs to be removed and it is just about where the memory sticks are held in just under the "Y" key position (just one screw) keyboard needed to be pried up carefully as there was some glue sticking it down to base plate. Managed to replace the keyboard with minimum problems except getting the ribbon cable back in the socket securely.

Hope this helps anyone else trying to do same thing.
    Last edited by curiousclive; 2012-03-10 at 10:08.
    Clive