3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Disappearing screen fonts

We've had a problem starting this week where some (not all) users have dialog boxes, Outlook messages, Excel spreadsheets, and other applications where the text disappears (but is there and selectable). Shutting the PC down and restarting it seems to always fix the problem, at least for a while.

Anybody have a clue what could be causing this? I'm thinking that certain fonts have to be disappearing out of the PCs memory. Funny thing, I've seen Word documents where a TrueType font (such as TimesNewRoman) appeared as another font, but only in two type sizes (11 and 12 pt, in one case).
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Disappearing screen fonts

Have you tried updating the video drivers?
    -Mark

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No. Given that the problem affected dozens of users, all at once, I doubt that the video drivers are the culprit. Besides, the problem is intermittent, and can be cleared up by doing a hard reboot.
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If it's affecting a large number of users it becomes a different ball of wax. I'd check for a) any recent program rollouts, [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] any recent blanket update of machines (for IE or otherwise), and c) viruses.

Has anything changed in their logon script?

Do you use SMS or something similar?

Are the machines clones, from hardware up, or do they vary?
    -Mark