2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

M'soft Security Essentials - conflicting scans?

I want to schedule quickscan every day and fullscan weekly but it seems the interface only allows either, not both. How can I overcome this?
    All help gratefully received!

Thanks
    I don't know if you can without a batch scheduled for each.Even that I doubt would work.We'll see if anyone else around here has attempted it.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have never been able to persuade MSE to perform scheduled scans (in spite of trying all combinations of the few options available), so use a simple scheduled task with the following entry:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Antimalware\MpCmdRun.exe" -Scan -ScanType 1

I set this up by hand from info here (Answers.MS.com). If you run MpCmdRun from the command line with no options, you get info on its parameters: the final '1' above identifies a quick scan, and 2 will do a full scan (with a 3rd option also). I can see no reason why you can't have several scheduled tasks, each set up as required. I have not tried this myself. I am running XP-SP3, but presume it will work in Vista or W7 (but the path to the exe may be different).

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by harrodsyd View Post
    I want to schedule quickscan every day and fullscan weekly but it seems the interface only allows either, not both. How can I overcome this?
    harrodsyd,
    Hello...Can't say anything about "MSE" other than i don't use it, But ....There is a program that will do what you you want ...Not sure if the Free Version can be configured as you wish, but check it out ...It might... In any case it's a reasonable one time fee for the "Pro Version" Malwarebytes Regards Fred

PS: MWB's is running a "Special" this month as well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2012-03-15 at 18:23.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)