Banned Member
    Thanks

NB: Seemingly needed reminder!!

No Beta OS should be installed except, as follows:

1. On a spare machine
    2. Virtually
    3. As a dual-boot.

Never as an Upgrade or replacement to an existing, current, non-beta OS. Never on a production machine.
    Nor, BTW, can one move from 1 Beta of an OS to the next or from Beta to RTM, etc... from Build to Build or stage to stage, except by clean installs.

Programs & software must be installed, after a fresh OS install.

Cheers,
    Drew

Thanks
    Unfortunately many people who have no idea how to accomplish a dual boot setup or VM install or whatever, still try without taking any precautions. Installing a Beta or even new released OS should be in steps.

Step 1 - The first precaution MUST include a complete Image (or Clone) of the original OS before you start doing anything. Let me repeat, These precautions MUST START with making a complete Image (or clone) of the original OS before your start doing anything.

If you do not know how to make a complete Image, go back to step one and start over!

Step 2 - Make a Rescue Media/Boot disk with whatever Image app you use.

Step 3 - Test the Rescue Media/Boot disk you just made.

Step 4 - Proceed with the install at your own risk.

Do you get the drift here? Unless you know what you are doing, and know how to take the necessary precautions, expect to mess up your OS and have to reinstall from scratch!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Voice of experience, Ted? (wink, wink) Just hate hearing about Folks putting Beta OSs on machines, wiping out their 'current' OS... no original OS disc or Recovery discs; things go awry & they are standing there hooped.

Cool the point you have added, Ted. The words (Image) Back-up ( or in general) cannot be repeated enough. This & the OP do go hand-in-hand.

Thanks
    Yes, I have lots of experience creating Images and restoring from them, but then again, I often do more than the average bear! LOL. Any yes I learned the hard way, many years ago. I created a new Image on the 6th of March, then because of some changes I made, I created another new Image this morning. This way if something happens tonight, when I restore, I do not have to go through those changes again. they are now a part of the Image.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy