Thanks

Well I tried Metro IE 10. I think I'm going to be sick!

I give up. I cannot use the Metro IE 10. I wanted to give as many phases of the OS a workout as I can. I realize most of the Metro apps are unfinished, but the Metro version of IE 10:

I cannot get LastPass to work. I cannot remember my sign in info for sites. I have installed LastPass (It does indeed work very well in Win 8 CP with the Desktop version of IE 10 and Chrome 17) I even attempted to download and install it again while in the Metro (gag) IE 10. It was a no go as far as I could tell. Darn (I wanted to sat something more powerful that this)

I do not see how surfing is any easier than the desktop version. Where can I find my favs bar? Perhaps I no longer need this. I think I do but who knows

I cannot find favorites anywhere. I cannot find ANYTHING in Metro IE 10. This must be in very early stage of build. I am surprised MS even placed it into the OS. It is terrible.

I could not find a link to send feedback to MS. Some of the Metro apps have a feedback link to allow this. Not so that I could find with Metro IE 10.

I will keep the Desktop version of IE 10, thank you. This is one Metro app that would have to improve drastically to convince me to try it again.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Ted,

Laspass has a 32 and 64 version. I have the problem with IE 9 32 and 64. Wouldn't you think that Microsoft would make an icon for each? Don't get me started. Enjoy your day.

Jim

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    I give up. I cannot use the Metro IE 10. I wanted to give as many phases of the OS a workout as I can. I realize most of the Metro apps are unfinished, but the Metro version of IE 10:

I cannot get LastPass to work. I cannot remember my sign in info for sites. I have installed LastPass (It does indeed work very well in Win 8 CP with the Desktop version of IE 10 and Chrome 17) I even attempted to download and install it again while in the Metro (gag) IE 10. It was a no go as far as I could tell. Darn (I wanted to sat something more powerful that this)

I do not see how surfing is any easier than the desktop version. Where can I find my favs bar? Perhaps I no longer need this. I think I do but who knows

I cannot find favorites anywhere. I cannot find ANYTHING in Metro IE 10. This must be in very early stage of build. I am surprised MS even placed it into the OS. It is terrible.

I could not find a link to send feedback to MS. Some of the Metro apps have a feedback link to allow this. Not so that I could find with Metro IE 10.

I will keep the Desktop version of IE 10, thank you. This is one Metro app that would have to improve drastically to convince me to try it again.
    I haven't tried W8 CP, but from what I have seen, IE 10 seems to look exactly like the IE on my WP7 phone. I am not impressed with it either, but am getting more and more used to using it.
    As for remembering passwords Ted...... that's kind of leaving yourself wide open...LMAO!
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    It's my brain. That brain cell can only remember so much. That's why I need Last Pass to work. With Metro IE 10 it would not. With Desktop IE 10 works like a charm. IE 10 in the Win 8 CP is 64 Bit in my 64 Bit OS. I suspect if I installed the 32 Bit OS it would be 32 Bit. In Win 7 64 Bit I have both 32 Bit and 64 Bit IE 9 available and generally use the 64 Bit version.

When I'm using Win 8 CP the Desktop version of IE 10 works very well, but the Metro version is appaling. I refuse to use it.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Frankly, I'm having a hard time to see why use or have the IE App instead of customary browser use @ Desktop

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Metro IE 10 is "plugin free" according to this article-- http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...0_in_Windows_8
    That includes LastPass, I guess. I could not go without that either! Good thing it works in IE10 Desktop!

Thanks
    I do not know either. Even if you spend the majority of your time on Metro (once they get the Metro apps working) the Metro IE browser seems a joke to me, unless they really feature it up. Right now it seems very mickey mouse to me. I'm sorry but it really does. It is a sorry excuse for a browser in it's present form.

The desktop version on the other hand is top notch. I would consider putting it on Win 7 right now.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Banned Member
    Thanks
    As I said, I don't even get the point to that IE on Start, in the 1st place. Why? Just why? (Rhetorical, wink)

& agree, Ted, 10 is sweet.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Last I 'heard' (since nothing is final), MS is telling web developers who use plug-ins to insert a line of HTML code into their sites. That code would relaunch the site in the 'real' IE10 with all plug-ins available. So, it may not be an issue in the final release.

Why MS isn't doing this with their own coding (since it's 'only' one line) is beyond me! It may possibly not be high on the priority list, they may just be waiting for feedback like this, or they may just be waiting for the 'AppStore' version.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    An opinion...

There are still a number of months 'til Final Release. We must remember what we have now is a Beta, as in, not necessarily finished. This very much applies to APPs. It's my understanding MS is working hard on them up to RTM. W/ some, bit of a mystery how necessary they are , anyway, but, that's another discussion. Still notice, the OS seems a lot more 'finished' than the APPs... time will tell but, an opinion is they just aren't finished, yet, in the Beta.

Drew

Thanks
    I will continue to use IE 10 Desktop version, including from the Metro tile:

AlwaysUseDesktopIE.jpg
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    It's my brain. That brain cell can only remember so much. That's why I need Last Pass to work. With Metro IE 10 it would not. With Desktop IE 10 works like a charm. IE 10 in the Win 8 CP is 64 Bit in my 64 Bit OS. I suspect if I installed the 32 Bit OS it would be 32 Bit. In Win 7 64 Bit I have both 32 Bit and 64 Bit IE 9 available and generally use the 64 Bit version.

When I'm using Win 8 CP the Desktop version of IE 10 works very well, but the Metro version is appaling. I refuse to use it.
    Just a reminder:
    One can go to their LastPass account and print a current list, or just look it up.
    I keep an ASCII version of it on a secure USB drive, just in case I forget or lose the LastPass account.
    Everything should be backed up I am told.
    Last edited by RussB; 2012-03-16 at 09:31.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Would like to have tried the consumer review beta of win 8 but for some reason after doing all the clean install things onto a separate HDD as dual boot, including saying setting up windows it boots into a blank black screen and does nothing more not even any HDD activity.
    Have no idea why as even if it could not find drivers for display it should have reverted to default generic drivers if that is what stops anything showing on screen.
    Have uninstalled it now as cannot use it at all.
    Need to make the install more reliable than what it is now as never had any problems installing any version of windows before especially a clean install.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Thanks
    I have heard of some downloaded file problems. I would attempt a new file download then burn the new iso file to DVD.

Download from this MS Site. (Do not need to supply email if you choose not to)

Product Key: DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J
    is located in text just below the ISO download info.

This info deserves it's own thread so I reposted in a new thread as well.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

New Lounger
    Thanks

Metro IE

I'm with you, don't see any value to that app.
    I also don't see any value to any of the supplied apps. They are all difficult to use. Even the Store app is ridicules ,when you go to look at something and return, it returns to the beginning of the list, not where you were.
    I don't know where they are going with this operating system, but I don't see large commercial users using it. At this point I don't see me using it