3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hotmail chokes Firefox

I am using Firefox 10 & recently did a clean install of Win 7 Ultimate. I have a Hotmail account simply for on-line shopping, enquiries and the like. Since using Win 7 I can log-in to Hotmail normally, but when I log-out the window closes, MSN.com used to then appear. Sometimes the MSN page does appear, but with just text, the images are just blank boxes, placer-holders. None of the links work, and I am left looking at that little dot chasing itself around in small circles. Other times the tab goes blank, I decided to time it once and gave up after making coffee. If I press the back-space key I usually find I am still logged-in, not always. Any other open tabs are also frozen, if I try a link on another tab the "Waiting for..." message and circle appear.

I have tried IE 9 after I seem to have logged-out. It comes up with a log-in page, but when I enter the user name and password I get "e-mail address or password is incorrect..." which it isn't because I use Roboform. If I re-enter the details manually I get a 404 error. What is that all about?!?!

I have posted this question on the Live forum, it's alive with questions, but clearly it's a place to pose questions, not get answers. The quickest way out is to close the browser and start over. I can't help feeling there's a better way. I'm sure that Loungers will have the solution.

David

Thanks
    Hi David,

If I have to access my Hotmail directly, I click the Home page button or one of my Bookmarks. I use FF 10.0.2
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    Hi David,

If I have to access my Hotmail directly, I click the Home page button or one of my Bookmarks. I use FF 10.0.2
    That's the same version I use, and I have Hotmail bookmarked too. There must be some script running, and running. I don't know how to short-circuit it.

David

Thanks
    Most web based sites seem to be the same, my bank, AOL, TalkTalk & electrical company, to name a few.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!