4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

"Save" closes programs

I have had a strange problem. Not exactly sure when it first started but now it seems pretty consistent. I am using Windows 8.1 Update 1 on a Toshiba Satellite C55-A. I use the Windows Live Essentials products, Mail, Photo and Movie Maker.

When I try to save a file from Mail or Movie Maker, after the Save As dialog box opens, it freezes and I get a message that says that the program needs to restart. Once the program restarts, I can then save the file and all works fine. It is only the first time. I am also using Freemake Video Converter and Nitro PDF and the same thing happens with both of those.

The final thing that makes it really curious, is that I am using, the no longer supported, Office 2003 and Save works fine from those programs.

I don't know if it is my computer, Windows 8 or the programs that I am using. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks.

Thanks
    Sometimes when an OS is updated some program files get corrupted. I suggest that you uninstall Windows Essentials and reinstall it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ive/essentials

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks BassFisher, that is probably the correct idea but I think I will just put up with it for awhile, just not feeling that ambitious. It's not that big of a deal, I was just kind of wondering if I was the only one. Thank you for the idea.