Thanks

Strange Word Wrap in Word 2007

I am having issues with justified word wrap in Word 2007. I've attached a Word file and a .JPG image. When others open the Word file, it looks fine. However, when I open it, words are broken in strange places (hyphenation is not on). For example, look at 1 in the .JPG image where "same" is broken between the "s" and "ame". Any idea what might be making this happen? I though it might be related to my turning on the option to justify the way WP6 for Windows does justification, but turning that on and off doesn't seem to change anything. Any suggestions?? I'm at a complete loss.

This might be related to the problem I'm having with Word hyphenating the word "Landlord". For some reason, Word breaks it up as Lan-dlord (which obviously isn't right). I wind up putting in an option hyphen after the "d" and that seems to help, but Word shouldn't break it like this with hyphenation on anyway.

In any event, thanks for any suggestions.

-Rich
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I'm not sure which one or ones of the settings caused this because in Word options > advanced > Layout options, I changed the choice after Lay out this document as if created in from Custom to MS Word 2007 and line breaks were corrected.

Pam

Thanks
    I thought that might work, but hadn't tried it yet. I wish I could figure exactly what is causing the problem, but I guess I'll just have to convert to using Word 2007 options all the time. Thx.

-Rich

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This could be a font-related issue. Try selecting all and changing the typeface to something else - do you see the same problem?

Another alternative is to try turning off any addins you might have loaded. There may be something in there causing the problem. As an example, there is a insidious Bluetooth-related addin that tends to cause issues with text layouts, see http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...l=1#post826114
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Thanks
    When I read your ride about fonts last night, I thought that might be it. However, when I got to the office this morning and tried changing the font, it didn't work. If I copy all of the text into a newe document, it works fine (but then again, the new document has all of my formatting options set). I looked in the styles and there are some strange entrys for Asian/Korean text, and I don't know how to change those. This file might have started as WordPerfect for all I know, and I think that sometimes causes a problem. I might just switch to the default Word 2007 settings because I doubt that anyone I work with tweaks all the settings like I do and often what I see on screen is not what they see and it causes issues when the doc is printed. Thanks, anyway.

-Rich

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Rich:The only thing I turned back on was Do full justification the way WordPerfect 6.x for Windows does. It did not cause the strange line breaks.

Pam

Thanks
    I tried turning that on and off, but it never changed anything. I just tried it again, and it didn't work. Thanks for reply, though. I solved it by making compatibility Word 2003. I think you are correct, though, that the issue is the WP 6.x for Win justification setting (even though it didn't fix it on my system; There must be something else interacting with that on my system). Thanks for trying to fix it.

-Rich

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You're welcome. Actually, I was saying that the WP justification wasn't the cause, or at least not the sole cause. I use that setting often and have not seen it cause odd line breaks. Still I was suspicious. So the first thing I did was to turn it off, with no result in the doc. Then I noticed all the other settings. The choices in layout options are saved in the document, so others should see what you see. I agree with you though, if the settings cause printing problems for others, it's best to not use them.

Pam

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The asian font you mention may be a factor in this problem. Can you try the macro in this thread to see if it solves the problem

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...ext-alignment?
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia