Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Latest Chrome: Error 324 Empty Response: unable to load page

Hi all,

This perplexing problem has been bothering me for some months. Nothing I've tried so far solves it.

I'm running XP Home SP3. When I try to access some websites using Chrome, I get the following message:

No data received
    Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.
    This only happens in Chrome. All other main browsers are fine. I've reported the problem to the Google Chrome forum which has many complaints about error 324. None of the solutions offered by the moderator work and they say "It is something on your system, or something else!" Wow!

I've been through the suggested solutions: router, winsock, IDM, this and that. None of them work.

I'm hoping some of the experts here may have some ideas.

Thanks,

John

New Lounger
    Thanks

Same here

Win 7 Ultimate SP1
    Chrome 17.0.963.79 Dutch

Have read all the forum threads on the web, including the crazy suggestions, but the error is persistent and pops up all over the globe.
    Hopefully the Chrome developers will produce a fix.

Roland

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Give them a chance though, they've only been trying to squash that bug for three years.

Thanks
    Give them a chance though, they've only been trying to squash that bug for three years.
    Amazing! That long? Reminds me of the Google Calendar debacle. After using Google Calendar successfully for several years on a client website, suddenly one day I could not log in.

Fruitless searching over several days, until I discovered by chance that Google had changed their access/linking code without telling any of the millions of people using their calendar.

Go figure. The Chrome bug sounds similar. Though it may be accurate at times, it's such an old ploy to blame it on the user's system.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Good grief. Somebody go up there with a foghorn.

Thanks
    Walldorff - you might like to add your complaint details to the Google Chrome Forum

I don't know if anyone is listening but the more the merrier

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nzo View Post
    [...] add your complaint details to the Google Chrome Forum
    Thanks, just did that

Thanks
    Update:

It seems that error 324 happens for some who also run Internet Download Manager on their system. Here is the info I found:

If you get "Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data" - open IDM and go to menu bar Downloads > Options > General and uncheck the "use advanced browser integration" checkbox.

Voila! Chrome works again. At least for me. No harm to try it and see if this solves your error 324 problem.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks nzo,
    changed the IDM settings and it works

Plus in the process of finding a solution I discover this wonderful place

New Lounger
    Thanks

Chrome 324 error

Hello to all

I get error 324 when I click on a search result of google.com when I use Chrome browser.

Can anyone please show me a solution.

Thank you

New Lounger
    Thanks

Error 324 Empty Response

My problem is that I can't download. I am not really sure how it happened. Chrome was working fine and then the next day my computer would finish start up so I had to go back to the last time it was working correctly, which got me back and running but now when I go on Chrome and try to download from various sites I get the Error 324 message after several minutes of the page just sitting and stalling in place.

I no absolutely nothing about computers or jargon, and I tried to follow several other "solutions" with no real effect. Is someone there that may be able to help me out?

Everything else works fine on Chrome...being able to pull up websites and such, I just can't download. Someone mentions IDM (not sure what that is) but I don't have any different downloading program, just left click and "save file as".

Thanks....

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    If its just Chrome I would try uninstalling it, reboot and then just go to the Google Chrome website, download and install again. Probably make sure the download procedure is working first for I.E. or whatever your backup browser is.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks...yah I tried that....same thing.

But along the same vain as that I did go to my computer control panel and found some program that I never downloaded had installed itself on my computer. Once I uninstalled it, I was able to start downloading again.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    hey, I did the IDM stuff, and unchecked browser integration. But now my chrome has started crashing the second it starts. nuthings happening...what can be done? Help please....

Thanks
    Akshay

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nzo View Post
    Update:

It seems that error 324 happens for some who also run Internet Download Manager on their system. Here is the info I found:

If you get "Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data" - open IDM and go to menu bar Downloads > Options > General and uncheck the "use advanced browser integration" checkbox.

Voila! Chrome works again. At least for me. No harm to try it and see if this solves your error 324 problem.
    Just a question, what is "IDM" and how do i get there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast