2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Work 'offline' in IE9

When I had IE8 I could click 'offline' so I could open my email to check on something without getting new mail in but that doesn't work in 9. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Windows 7
    IE 9

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You can set IE9 to work offline from the File menu, after pressing Alt to get the menu if necessary.

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2012-03-14 at 18:16.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Bruce, sorry I didn't explain better. I did click 'work offline' in File menu just like I always have but then when I go to my email, expecting it to be 'offline' as well, like it was in IE8, it will download new mail.

grits

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What email are we talking about here? A webmail service you access via Internet Explorer?

Bruce

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry again, I'm just sooo flustered trying to learn a new email program, Windows 7 & IE9 all at the same time .
    No, not webmail, right now I'm trying to learn Eudora 7.1 but it was Thunderbird that downloaded when I 'thought' I was 'offline'. I didn't like T-Bird so was trying to do some sorting there to prepare for Eudora & ended up with lots of duplicates in T-Bird 'cuz it downloaded 'again' what I'd left on my ISP. Yes, I'd left them there so they'd go into Eudora instead of having to export/import.
    I sure hope this makes sense to you 'cuz I'm not sure I understand it myself now that I've typed this much . Sorry, I have so much to learn about computering. I'm sure I don't use the correct terms,etc.
    Thanks for trying to help me anyway, I'm sure there are some that would have just thrown their hands up in the air & gave up on such jibberish as I seem to spout.

grits

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I don't think offline mode in IE can affect an email client program like Thunderbird or Eudora.

Bruce

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It worked with both Outlook Express & Incredimail IF I remember correctly.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Incredimail apparently shares the offline mode setting of Internet Explorer. I'm not sure about Outlook Express.

But Thunderbird has its own Offline Mode at File > Offline > Work Offline: Using Thunderbird's Offline Mode

Bruce