Lounger
    Thanks

Fun with Databases/Images!

Hi guys,

I need your expertise, because my brain has melted!

I'm putting together a suite of templates in Word 2010. So far, I haven't had to use any VBA, but I think this one will probably require it.

Essentially, it's a page of contacts for the firm, with each person's photo, and then underneath, their name, title, email, phone number, etc. There will generally be at least 3 people, and they would all fit side by side, with the photos being a pre-determined size. Any more than 3 will flow to the next line (this can all be done in a table, if that makes it any easier).

I need the document, on opening, to ask the user to select the names they want included on the sheet from a list. This will then bring across the photo and all other data, which is stored in a database (at this point in time, I'm not sure what type of database - I will know tomorrow when I find out where it's all stored).

How might I go about getting this done? Does anyone know of any examples I can work from? I'm pretty good at taking various examples and melding them together.

My only non-coding solution so far was to have each person's profile saved as a Quick Part, which the user could then manually drop in, but I'm sure there's a more efficient way of doing it.

Thanks!

Lounger
    Thanks
    Actually, I have a userform which already generates much of this information, which I could modify. How would I go about modifying it to include multiple selections, and images?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    One possibility is a mail merge which can include pictures.

The other idea is to use quick parts but maybe take it further by including a "Building Block Gallery Content Control" which provides a more direct way to access the quick part.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Andrew! I'll see how they go and let you know.