New Lounger
    Thanks

New doc (Word97 SR-2)

Ctrl-N brings up an envelope.

How do I get new doc to go back to bringing up standard legal size blank page without deleting normal.dot (which does fix the problem; I want to keep my Word macros)?

Resulted from running macro from Access that ran conference registration letters and then envelopes (from Word) every day for about a month. Admin professionals desktop started locking up on Word macro so I just printed envelopes and then boom; Ctrl-N is envelope. TAM.

Thanks

Re: New doc (Word97 SR-2)

Hi,

Re-assign the key combination back to File-New (default). Tools => Customize... => Commands (tab) => Keyboard (button)

In the left-hand window find the File menu. In the right window look for File-New (default). Click your mouse pointer in the window for the key combination and then press Ctrl-N. Click the Assign button.

Make sure your changes are being saved where you want them to be (sounds like normal.dot). Close the dialog boxes and be sure to save the changes to your template when you close Word.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. Isn't getting it done.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hank:

My guess is that somehow you've set the default paper size to be an envelope. Go to File/Page Setup.../Paper size tab. Change the paper size box to "Letter", then click Default & answer "yes".

Hope this helps.