3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MS Outlook 2002 data into Excel 2002 spreadsheets

I do my company quoting and invoicing with Excel 2002 spreadsheet templates. I also have a spreadsheet that lists all the names/addresses of my regular customers. With the use of a macro assigned to an onscreen button on the quote/invoice spreadsheets I can with a couple clicks copy/paste any name/address in the NAMES spreadsheet into the name/address cells in my quote or invoice.

I also use MS Outlook 2002 for my my general name/address/phone/fax database. This database has hundreds of entries whereas my NAMES spreadsheet probably only has 25 to 50.

It has occurred to me I could probably eliminate the NAMES spreadsheet and run the whole thing out of Outlook. I haven't done this before so don't quite know where to start to set it up. The idea of course is to set up an onscreen button on the quote/invoice that I would click to open Outlook to select the correct customer, and then be able to have it be automatically placed in the name/address cells on the quote/invoice.

I use a lot of macros in all my Excel spreadsheets so have some knowledge of Visual Basic. I just need a little guidance to get going with this upgrade..........if it can be done.

Thanks,
    BH

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Possibly the easiest way to do this would be to continue working in the Excel environment, but EXPORT the Outlook contacts to Excel so that they are available there. Obviously you will have to update the export from time to time.

There are some instructions here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...001096422.aspx - note the possibility of custom mapping (at the end) to control what data is exported.

I use something very similar to utilise the Outlook contacts in MS Access and find it a whole lot simpler than having "live links" between the two applications.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

thanks

MartinM,

Thanks.........that is a great starting point. I'll begin working on it.

BH