New Lounger
    Thanks

Code for total audio length/duration column in win explorer?

Hi all, I found another thread here but it doesn't work on my XP version even though I have sp3: http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...r-(XP-Pro-SP3)
    There are a couple issues, one is that it does not do flac format but it won't even do mp3 because I get a run error.

If I select all the audio files in a folder and go to properties, I see I can get the total there, through the audio properties, this is a dbpoweramp plugin function. But I see a lot of people posting that you can get it through windows explorer as well just be selecting all the files. Can anyone tell me how, and is there a way to put it in a column next to folder name, size, date etc? Thank you!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lowella View Post
    Can anyone tell me how, and is there a way to put it in a column next to folder name, size, date etc? Thank you!
    lowella,
    Hello...I'm not sure if this is what your after ...But see Screen Shot Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Fred, I've got the info for the length of each file as you've indicated (length is the field), I'm looking for the total length of the folders the files are held in. If anyone has seen the "foldersize" reg hack that shows the total MB of all the files in a folder in a column, it's similar....but this is with audio length. I don't have the foldersize code or I'd try to edit it.
    I appreciate your response!

Thanks
    Is this what your looking for ?

gb.png
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you, but once again, that shows the song length, I'm looking for the total length of all songs in the folder. Perhaps that is available in the software you're using?

Thanks
    I'm using Windows7 H Prem. What options do you get by right clicking, as in my image. Make an Image and post it.pdf

New Lounger
    Thanks
    folder duration.JPG

I'm sure I didn't do this the best way, but here is a screenshot with the length field filled in for tracks in the root - now I want a total length field for all tracks in the "version2" folder that you see here.

Thanks
    You have to open it first.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, I do appreciate your responses, but I'm not an idiot, I'm asking if anyone has vb script code that I can use to ADD a column that will show the entire folder length - adding up the length of all the songs in one folder. Am I not asking clearly? There is a program called foldersize that adds up the amount of megabytes in a folder, which is a similar concept. If you look at the first link I added, it is an old thread from this board that shows how to do it - except it doesn't work anymore for some reason. So we're close, maybe 9/10 of the way there....but you're taking me back to zero.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Lowella,

How about this?
    MusicLength.JPG
    Just select all the files and read the status area.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you! That one makes a lot more sense, and I have seen others discuss it, but you have to drag them into a player, correct? I have a list of thousands of audio folders and need to compare all the lengths of the folders.....long story. This is a good workaround when doing a few, but painstaking when doing thousands I really appreciate your post, thanks for reading my question!