Thanks

Question Color Me Confused!

I have re-read Woody's February column about 'your next computer may be a tablet" and all the ensuing discussion here in the Lounge. I have read many web pages about what Kindle, and Nook do and don't do but none of this answers my basic question about what to buy.

What I 'think' I need/want is something with WiFi and 3G compatibility. I spend many hours waiting during my husband's medical procedures and try to always have a hard copy book with me. Not everyplace has WiFi but I can get a signal on my basic no frills cell phone. Other places it is the opposite. I think the price of the ipad is too much. I like ebooks but don't wish to drag around my heavy laptop so it seems a Kindle or Nook should be the answer.

So I need some suggestions.... are my wants far fetched in the realm of price and availability? Would I be better off with a new iphone and continue to carry a real book?

Barbara

Thanks
    If you have a Nook you would probably have an account with BN. BN has apps for both Android and iPhone. If you are in an area without wifi, just open the BN app on your phone and continue reading on the phone, or better yet, all 150 books on my Nook are stored locally on my Nook. I do not need a wifi connection to read. I just downloaded all my books to both mine and my wife's Nooks. And better yet because of the expandable memory slot I can hold many thousands of books. You download the books at home through you home wifi network or at BN network or where ever and store them directly on the Nook.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    If you are a consummate reader, a NOOK or a KINDLE will make more sense for you.
    Think of them as small books that carry many books, all of your choosing.

nook vs kindle

Thanks
    I cannot comment on the Kindle because I have not tried it. I can however comment on the Nook as we do own 2. We bought the original Nook Color when they first came out and have been very pleased. We do like the expandability the Nook offers with the microSD slot. In fact both of out Nook Colors have a dual boot add on card from N2D so we can dual boot Nook or Android Gingerbread 2.3, whichever we prefer, cool! This is not available with Kindle.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CLiNT View Post
    If you are a consummate reader, a NOOK or a KINDLE will make more sense for you.
    nook vs kindle
    I look forward to reading this review as it is one I have not seen before. On Friday I will be in a city with a B & N store and hopefully will have a chance to go look at the Nook, hands on.

Thanks.

B