5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Attachment reading prob lem

My dad is using Windows Live Mail and is having trouble with it showing emails that a particular person is forwarding to him. He can read them fine using the webmail on line, but in WLM it doesn't even show that there is an attachment. I downloaded Thumderbird and it was even worse, it only showed the winmail.dat file and not the other 3 attachments. Sometimes they are a .rtf file along with the winmail.dat file.

Is there something he needs to do or this sender to fix this issue? If he sends a file directly, he gets it, or even the same file as a .pdf, but if he forwards something he can't even see it in WLM, but can on line.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Hi kzkz. attachments do not get included when forwarding mail.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What are you talking about? When you hit forward it should include everything. I do it all the time with my email....

New Lounger
    Thanks
    These are TNEF files sent by MS Applications. To open them (and to find more about these files), check the Winmail.dat Reader website: http://www.winmail-dat.com

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not getting what's happening. I sent myself an email then forwarded it to another email account and it stayed fully intact and no winmail.dat file. I'm using Outlook. Why are some people having this issue? Why would just forwarding a file be an issue?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    As said, this is a MS format. What happens is that all the e-mail information (subject, text and attachments) are embedded in this winmail.dat file. Outlook (and other MS applications) know how to parse it.