Thread: ie 9 freeze up

New Lounger
    Thanks

ie 9 freeze up

My Laptop is a Compaq PresarioCQ62-214NR Running Widow7, IE 9, both 64 bit, with 2 Gigs of ram, and currently fully updated. Running avast as its antivirus and scanned with Malwarebyts about once a week. Recently IE9 will partially download a web page and then stall, it then stops taking any input and I have to shut it down and reopen. I have run windows internet diagnostics or opened another IE window and about half the time the new window will start and download the page. The other half my modem does not respond to it. The modem is a stick usb modem since it is the only internet available where I live in honduras. I believe IE stops communicating like a time out with the Modem but cant be sure cause the diagnostics say it can't find the problem. Hope that someone can help me out or at least point me in the right direction. Thanks for giving it a shot .
    Jeff

Thanks
    I do not know if this has anything to do with it, but 2 GB seems somewhat low amount of Ram. It's also possible the modem has a problem.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    If it's one of those USB modems for ATT, OR Verizon, check your signal strength. Maybe a locations update is in order. You might also want to clear your DNS cache too.
    Google "clear DNA cache".
    I'm working from my iPad at the moment and multitasking is difficult, otherwise I'd have linked a how to for you.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2012-03-21 at 22:24.

Thanks
    Last edited by Medico; 2012-03-21 at 16:33.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Ted and Clint thanks for the replys, the 2 gig is what came with the laptop, its a huawei usb modem that tigo uses down here, and the dns has been flushed with no joy. Does the google flush apply to IE9 or only to chrome as the link seems to imply. I do use the google search often. Oh this is a prepay system and I have to go to there outlet to recharge it every month and they always check it before I leave. Thanks again

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just a qutck update, this morning I tried going to a large number of sites and all but one would not load completely. I had read I could uninstall the IE9 upgrade and IE8 would self reinstall. I did the uninstall and have went back to 8. Since then I have retried all the links and sites and have been able to connect without problems. I appreciate your help and thank you.
    Jeff