New Lounger
    Thanks

Security certificates in Windows Mail

I have received an email from a trusted source, but when I try to open it or just preview it it gives the message "Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed?" It gives three options: "Yes", "No" and "View Certificate". If I click Yes or No it just repeats the question. If I click the 3rd option, it says that the certificate is valid from 13/01/2011 to 23/02/2014. I have the option to Install the Certificate, but if I do that it makes no difference. Exiting that option takes me back to the original question and there is no way to get out of it other than by going into the scheduler and ending "Windows Mail".

Ideally I would like to be able to read the email, but failing that delete it from my Inbox. Neither is possible at the moment.

I am using Vista with all updates installed. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Is the date on your computer set correctly?

That's one possible cause of problems with security certificates, but there are others: Dealing with Revoked Security Certificates

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My computer date is correct. I tried again and clicked "No" 19 times, at which point it let me in. I presume the email points to the dubious website 19 times. I will contact the sender.