Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    3 Star Lounger Not Brightest Bulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    376
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    JUC400 Wormhole switch

    Just read about this and gonna ask another stupid question, I excel in those.

    I have 2 PCs and would need 30 ft of USB cord to hook them up would this work with that length of cord. (do they come that long)

    There was a wireless setup but when reading it got a little confused sounded like it was for use with a Mac to Win PC, not Win to Win PC.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    4,748
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked 649 Times in 572 Posts
    No; 6 feet, as stated.

    The wireless setup mentioned primary PC and remote PC; but as both require internet access for transfers, that seems like overkill to move stuff 30 feet.

    Bruce

  3. #3
    3 Star Lounger Not Brightest Bulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    376
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    No, 6 feet as stated.

    The wireless setup mentioned primary PC and remote PC; but as both require internet access for transfers, that seems like overkill to move stuff 30 feet.

    Bruce
    I had planned to use a 32 ft USB extension cable and with the JUC400 6 ft cable I can just make it.

    New plan needed because when reading it again it appears to be set up for 2 PCs side by side.
    Last edited by Not Brightest Bulb; 2012-03-22 at 15:00.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    4,748
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked 649 Times in 572 Posts
    If you don't need Mac/Android capability, then there are two cheaper models; JUC100 and JUC200.

    I would call the manufacturer and confirm whether they can be used with an extension cable.

    Bruce

  5. #5
    3 Star Lounger Not Brightest Bulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    376
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    If you don't need Mac/Android capability, then there are two cheaper models; JUC100 and JUC200.

    I would call the manufacturer and confirm whether they can be used with an extension cable.

    Bruce
    Bruce

    I could not get a phone number cause when I got to web page they had the Fax number showing and the regular number but it was partially covered by something else.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    4,748
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked 649 Times in 572 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Brightest Bulb View Post
    Bruce

    I could not get a phone number cause when I got to web page they had the Fax number showing and the regular number but it was partially covered by something else.
    j5create
    TEL: 888-988-0488
    FAX: 888-503-2135
    E-mail: sales@j5create.com
    E
    -mail: service@j5create.com
    Add: 2295 Towne Lake Parkway, Suite 144, Woodstock, GA 30189

    There's a review of the slightly cheaper Windows-to-Windows JUC100 at PCWorld: j5 Create JUC100 Wormhole KM Switch

    Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2012-03-23 at 11:38.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

    Not Brightest Bulb (2012-03-23)

  8. #7
    3 Star Lounger Not Brightest Bulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    376
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    j5create
    TEL: 888-988-0488
    FAX: 888-503-2135
    E-mail: sales@j5create.com
    E
    -mail: service@j5create.com
    Add: 2295 Towne Lake Parkway, Suite 144, Woodstock, GA 30189

    There's a review of the slightly cheaper Windows-to-Windows JUC100 at PCWorld: j5 Create JUC100 Wormhole KM Switch

    Bruce
    Thought an update was in order, I did not call them but decided to drop an email to the service email address asking about the unit. As of yet have received no answer so I believe no purchase of unit is in future planning. If they don't have time to answer now I doubt they will answer if problems occur with unit. At least that's my pessimistic view.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •