Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question Two Questions.1.Can't Arrange App Icons on Start Menu- 2.How Do I Exit App

1. The Start page insists on locating app icons in a random arrangement. If I move an app to where I want it located on the Start screen, it immediately moves the app I previously placed to another location. The W7 desktop offered the option to arrange apps to your preference with a right click. I can't find anything similar in W8. The Microsoft help page doesn't mention how to make app locations permanent.

2. The apps inlcuded with W8 run in full screen and don't appear to have an 'exit' option, e.g. Solitaire. How do I exit these apps?

Banned Member
    Thanks
    1. I will admit it's awe bit interesting or challenging getting Start tiles arranged but, is doable. I had to muck about w/ it for while. Some tiles can be made larger or smaller. They can be dragged about& it's a bit of a compromise between where you want them & where they want to be; bit of a juggling act. If, you take a tile & shove it in between a column it makes a new group. Here's a shot of what one can or might achieve.
    Screenshot (5).png

2. There all 'couple' ways to close APPs. (1). Alt+F4 (2) Grab the APP (Hand) @ its top edge & pull it down to the bottom of the screen (3) APPs sit on a panel, APP Bar along the upper left side/edge... there they can be viewed, snapped & closed...point @ 1 & Rt Clk to get these options.

All this & more is in the Nav & Shortcuts Tips Sticky @ the top of these Win8 Forum threads.

Cheers,
    Drew

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Drew. I guess grouping is the only way to go.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    You're welcome. Begets neater, easier organization, me thinks (too).

Drew