3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Recipient list incomplete (Outlook 2000 SR-1)

We had a user receive an e-mail from an external source. This e-mail had 13 recipients listed. The addressee, being the chairperson of this particular committee, knew that it should have been addressed to 30 recipients. Knowing this, he contacted the sender. The sender verified that he did indeed send this message to 30 recipients. Our employee then contacted one of the non-listed recipients (again, someone outside of our company), who verified that they had indeed received the mail. They also forwarded a copy of what they received to our employee. It had all 30 recipients listed.

This happened twice, once on a Friday, then again on the following Monday. Our employee is concerned that our system is not showing us all the recipients. What could possibly be causing this? And would it be an Outlook problem, or something with our Exchange server?
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

Thanks

Re: Recipient list incomplete (Outlook 2000 SR-1)

Are you sure it wasn't just that Outlook creates a scrolling list of recipients once it gets beyond 2 lines (I think). I've been caught out by this myself - but a printed version of the mail should show all.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm certain. I saved the messages as text files and attached them here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

if you hit reply to all, only 13 are listed in the to field of the message and in the message body?

what does the internet headers show? if you could post the full internet header here, that would be good.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Actually, 14 names are shown if you hit Reply to All (the original 13 recipients plus the 1 cc).

I have attached the internet header as requested.
    Attached Files Attached Files