Thread: Lost device.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Lost device.

Hi ! I just installed W-8 CP on my main machine and I am not really happy. Teething problems. The main one is that it does not see both my DVD ± RW. It does not see the one that is an IDE connection, D:\. The SATA one is fine, E:\. Also, I had to remove the fine Vidcard that I used in W-7, an ATI Firewire 2250. I loaded the driver CD on the HD in the Driver folder, I pathed to it but the graphic is messed up, it will not use the ratio of my screen, it is 19" x 10.7", as far as I can tell. When on W-7, it ran fine at 1.77 ratio ie: 1920 x 1080. What can you suggest ? ( I have a clone of W-7 ) ;-) JP. PS: Disk Management does not show it either, stands to reason !
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2012-03-27 at 20:57.

Thanks
    Win 8/CP is a TEST version. Never intended to be anyone's main OS. It runs great on some PC's and not at all on others.
    It sounds like you have one of those in-between PC's. So it sounds like it's time to go back to Win-7.

Good Luck,
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Doc, hello. I have now determined that the DVD RW has picked this one time to die. I replaced it with a spare CD-ROM and that one is fine. RIP one DVD ! Now I am looking at the video, no solution in sight yet. Thanks for the moral support, it seems to me odd that the old P4 stood up to W-8 and not this relatively new, 3 year old, Acer. Oh well, things happen. Be good. JP.