Thread: Volume control

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Volume control

Running Win XP. Somewhere along the way I lost the Volume Control icon from the taskbar and a the volume progress bar. When I go to Control Panel and Sound systems it tells me the Volume Control has not been installed.

How do I install this feature???

Thanx a bunch!

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 1,054 Posts
    If it is installable, probably you can do it from Control Panel -> Add / Remove Windows Features?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Various possible solutions for Windows XP here: How to Restore the Volume Control to Your Windows System Tray

Bruce

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When I go to the Control Panel as suggested and click on Add New Programs it takes me to Windows Update./ I am already fully updated. I can't find any link to Volume Control. Everything seems to lead to a Pay-For program "Driver Updates" I let that run their survey and it came up with some 17 drivers that needed updating according to them, but I was not prepared to pay some $30.00 for an unknown and probably unneeded program.

Any further suggestions Gratefully received! Thank you..