New Lounger
    Thanks

Connect Time after Sleep

When my PC comes out of sleep, and I use Chrome to connect to the Internet with Google as a home page, I get an 'unable to connect to Google' message. If I then go to another site the connection is immediate, and if I repeat with another site as a home page the connection is immediate. I am attempting to connect as soon as the desktop appears. If I wait several seconds the problem disappears. Why would Google need more time?

Lounger
    Thanks
    This is not a problem. When Windows sleeps, it goes into a low power state. Then the network adapter shuts off. and then when you resume, Windows has to turn the adapters back on. It does take a second.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You could try going to Network and Sharing center, click change adapter setting on left, right click on your adapter and choose properties, then click on configure button. In the power management tab untick allow computer to turn off this adapter to save power. This may solve the delay on start-up as Bubtub explained.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.