2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

www.Searchnu.com/406 Malware

Tomorrow morning I am going to try to help my son. The has a Toshiba laptop with Vista on it. He now has as his home page "Searchnu" which I have found out is a malware problem.....he has Windows Defender and Malwarebytes on it for protection. However in looking at a post on the Malwarebytes forum, there is no automatic removal tool. I'm not for sure where or what to do to remove this from his computer. I did find a site CleanPC.com that has a suggested automatic way to remove the problem, but I don't know anything about them.......Can anyone please help on the best automatic (software) way I can remove it completely from his computer with some software I can download....any assistance is greatly appreciated. John
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2012-03-29 at 05:15.

Thanks
    The best way to clean it is to visit a known malware removal forum like Majorgeeks, techsupportforum, geekstogo, ... the experts there will ensure the machine is cleaned up in the safest manner. Throwing random tools at it might cause an unbootable PC.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    John

You might start by booting up into safe mode, then running MalwareBytes. I wouldn't be surprised to find that Searchnu and the CleanPC site are somehow related. Just a guess; just sayin'

Zig

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to both of you.....I finally found a post on the Malwarebytes forum that said it came with iLivid toolbar.....It's also a music player, I think....I followed the instructions to uninstall it and the change the default log in on the browser. Apparently that corrected the problem, but I guess only time will tell....many thanks again to both of you....JohnL