1. 2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't sign out of Hotmail

I have a problem signing out of Hotmail. If I'm using IE 9 I get:

Sign-out isn't complete...We couldn't sign you out of these sites:

Hotmail

If I use Firefox 11 I don't get a warning, the browser just stops working with the little green arrow going around in circles. The only way out is to close Firefox.

With either browser if I go back to Hotmail sometimes I'm still signed in, other times I'm not. With IE9 the suggestion is to delete all cookies and try again, but surely there's a better solution? This only happens with Win 7, the XP machine has no problem so it must be some setting, but what? I have asked on the Hotmail help site, no response, not that I really expected an answer there.

Any suggestions?

David

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Actually clearing all TIF and flushing the DNS cache does occ. clear out a corrupt old page that is causing problems. I would clear all cookies and temp int files as well as the DNS cache then see if the problem reoccurs.

deleteTIF.jpg

I would delete all categories this time.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

4. 2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestions. Have tried both in IE. I'm sorry to say it made no difference.

David

Thanks
    Very strange. When I sign out of Hotmail my browser reverts to the generic MSN page. Since this seems to be happening in both IE and FF that would lead me to believe it is not a browser problem. Have you tried disabling any add on in either of the browsers to see if an add on might be causing the problem. Both of these browsers do have some of the same add ons installed. Flash and/or Java would be 2 possibilities, or perhaps some others you might have installed such as Web of Trust or Last Pass. I might try this next.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    When I sign out of or at least try to sign out of say Messanger or any other associated program, I too on occasion get the same. It would appear that you are also "linked" to another program such as Facebook, or that your MSN sites are set to remember you. If you undo those connections, or set your MSN browser sites to not remember you, problem solved... At least that is what I have done to see if it worked, and it did.... But personally I don't worry about it anymore because I don't log out since I use two, one @live.com, and one @msn.com addresses, have them both coming through Outlook, and am able to switch users easily on my Windows Live page. Just Sayin'
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

7. New Lounger
    Thanks
    Make a system restore 2 days before and you will not have the problem i think this its the easiest way