Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Does anyone use DreamMail?

I've read several reviews & it sounds similar to Outlook Express which was my favorite but now have Windows 7. Currently have T-Bird because I'd heard it was like OE but it's not!!

Thank you.

Thanks
    I am always interested in a good email program so I did a Google on dreamMail and found the following.. http://www.softpedia.com/progViewOpi...il-79083,.html

You can judge for yourself..
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, that's one I had read but was hoping there might be someone here that has used it.

Thanks anyway for your reply.

Thanks
    Like most people I really missed OE when I went to Windows 7 but I have tried a few and I have settled on Thunderbird...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    @Banyarola

Did you ever try the workaround or what ever it's called that Dr.Who has posted about for getting WindowsMail to work in Win.7? There's something about it in my thread(?) under Windows 7. I'm not 'puter smart enough but will keep track of it for when my smarter friend comes to visit in April.
    I also settled on T-Bird but really don't care for it so X your fingers for me, I'm gonna go ahead & give it a try if I can get a new email account set up just as a tester acct. for awhile.

Thanks
    No, I didn't try Dr.Whats way.
    I'm used to Thunderbird and and found I could everything in it that I could do in OE.

I run XP on another drive and use it there sometimes.

Once you get familiar with Thunderbird you'll like it...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I haven't even used it for several days so right now can't even picture it or remember my dislikes other than what I'm gonna call the 'reading pane'. It reminds me of the 'preview pane' in OE which I had set as disabled due to security reason & also wanted to see the whole list in whichever folder I was in. I haven't found a way to do that in T-Bird. I guess to be fair, I'll really have to spend more time with it.

Thanks
    You can have all the folders seen by clicking on VIEW and checking ALL folders.

It has different ways of doing almost the same thing you would do in OE...

Play with it...
    It's free...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grits View Post
    remember my dislikes other than what I'm gonna call the 'reading pane'.
    It is called the Message Pane and you can turn it off/on via the View...Layout Menu.
    You can also drag the edge of the Message Pane to make it whatever size you like.
    Regards
    John

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've been using DreamMail for about 2 years now, and I really like it. You can use it to check your POP account, as well as Gmail, Hotmail, etc. It's customizeable, although there is a bit of a learning curve with getting everything set up exactly the way you want it, but it's not too bad. It gives you the ability to imbed background music in your emails (midi files, mp3's) and the recipient doesn't need any special software to be able to hear it. Here's a link to the English language site (it's a Chinese program):

http://www.dreammail.eu/intl/en/home.html

I think you should give DreamMail a try. It's kinda quirky in places, but I recommend it anyway! And it's FREE, how can you go wrong?!
    Last edited by Hedgehog515; 2012-03-01 at 15:06.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook and GMail

Hi,

We are required to use Outlook (2007) at work and personally I use GMail. I just forward all my personal email accounts to GMail. They give you a ton of space and you can get it from anywhere (including your smartphone). What does this program do that the others don't or do you just happen to like it?

Greg

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't know that DreamMail does a lot that other email programs don't do, I just like the way it looks and functions. I can add stationery and/or other background images to my emails, change the look of the program interface, set up templates for new messages, replies, forwards, with specific fonts for each, and stuff like that. In some ways, it's kinda like Incredimail, but without the bloat! And I particularly like that I can imbed background music in my emails, it just makes it more fun!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Being someone who likes no-frills email (not interested in stationery or other stuff), I picked Thunderbird a long time ago over OE for security and stability reasons alone.

The 'preview pane' in OE was set to go out and run any script off any web page by default. On TB, NOTHING runs unless you tell it to. It won't grab images off the web (which verifies your email address to spammers) unless you give it permission. It runs no scripts. You don't have to cripple it to close idiotic security risks. It has never crashed or corrupted emails on me (and I admin a lot of computers) the way OE and full blown Outlook do when they have too many messages stored.

In my opinion, an email client should not expose the user to web-browser type vulnerability. Good riddance to OE, and may Outlook follow soon after.

Lounger
    Thanks

TB Portable

For those on TBird, I wanted a little more control, such as where the message files reside. I ended up with the Portable version which I now run off a thumb drive, program and message files. When I need my email on another system I just take the thumb drive with me!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My email is too important to be handled by a Chinese company that does not deal with real issues as reported on Softpedia. Personally, I avoid using all Chinese software because I personally do not trust their motives. Of course there will be many genuine Chinese software companies, but right now I can't hone them down, so I just ignore them all, for the sake of my security.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast