New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2007 continuously resends with large attachments

If I send an email with a large attachment (say > 1Mb) then the send process never stops. The message is repeatedly resent as though Outlook is not correctly recognising 'end of send'. The addressees get many duplicates of my message before I realise my error. This problem first occurred about 2 months ago. I had hoped that installation of Outlook 2007 SP3 would cure the problem, but no luck.

I have had other problems with Outlook 2007 in the last 6 months. These seem to have been associated with faulty updates from Microsoft.

How can I be certain that I do NOT have Office File Validation add-ins for Office 2007 installed. I do not see it listed in Add/Remove Programs (even with 'Show Updates' checked).

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Have you tried an Office repair?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keelta View Post
    How can I be certain that I do NOT have Office File Validation add-ins for Office 2007 installed. I do not see it listed in Add/Remove Programs (even with 'Show Updates' checked).
    The Office File Validation add-in for Office 2007 appears under Programs (not updates) if installed, as "Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In".

I think you should try increasing Server Timeouts at Tools, Account Settings, Change, More Settings, Advanced.

But it may be caused by an outgoing email virus scanner: Outlook - Unable to send large attachments

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for this. Problem solved. I would never have found the solution on my own. I changed the ServerTimeout from 1 min to 5 mins. Is there a down side to having a 5 min timeout?

Does anyone understand why this problem should have started recently. I don't often send large email attachments, but I'm sure that I have sent up to 5Mb in the past without difficulty. Is it possible that new software environments used by my ISP could be the cause?

I did not need to do an Office Repair. Nor did I try removing email scanning from my AntiMalware (VIPRE). I did check to see if I had the Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In. I did not.