Ohio, USA

Bluetooth Pairing Failure

I've just tried to setup a Bluetooth connection between a Windows 7 machine and an ASUS Transformer Prime tablet. Windows 7 offers a pairing code, I enter it into the tablet and Win7 hangs, thinking, and then decides that the tablet has timed out and throws a 0x80004005 error.

If I try it again Win7 can't even see the tablet. It isn't until I reboot Win7 that I can even attempt to repeat the pairing. It fails in exactly the same way.

This is not a problem with the tablet. In the past I've tried to sync LG phones with my Win7 machine and I saw exactly the same problem. Also, I can link the tablet with a USB cable and the tablet is recognized by Win7 as an external drive.

There is a second Win7 machine in my house and I tried to sync with that machine. I got exactly the same results. My machine is a Dell built XPS730X; the second machine is a home build.

I have a Microsoft Game controller. I note that they did not use Bluetooth for what could be considered a typical Bluetooth application. I wonder if Microsoft know something I don't?

Anyway, I guess my real question for fellow loungers is, "Does Bluetooth work or should I give up and look for networking alternatives?"
    Last edited by photphosphor; 2012-04-02 at 21:51.

I have been able to link Bluetooth devices (phones, mouse, Nook Colors) for both my Wife's PC (Win 7 HP) and my PC (Win 7 Ultimate)> Are you sure your devices are broadcasting during the pairing attempt?
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy