New Lounger
    Thanks

Report contol not showing (2000)

I have a report based on a query. In the query, I count a field called ID #'s then use that number to calculate a rate. I want both numbers to show on the report but the count of ID # doesn't show and I don't know why.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Report contol not showing (2000)

If you run the query, is the result of the count displayed? If not, you may need to click the check box so you see the result. If it is, then chances are you are getting tangled up in names. Assuming you haven't given it some sort of Alias, it will be called something like CountOfIDNum, and it should show up in the list of available fields that can be displayed. You can then create a text box on your report with that field as its data source. Hope this helps.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have tried all that. I even went back to make sure the data types were the same in the table, query, and report. Any other suggestions?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I don't think I read your first post closely enough. I gather that you want both the Count OfIDNum and IDNum to show up. If you are doing the Count in the query, I presume it must be a GroupBy query, in which case the IDNum is probably a GroupBy column, so your Count would always be one if it's a unique ID number, so I presume it isn't. In that case, try giving the Count column it's own alias so it doesn't try to conflict with the column name IDNum. Guess that's the best shot I can come up with late on a Friday afternoon. Hope it works!
    Wendell