Thread: Kb 26000217

Thanks

Kb 26000217

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Every day I am told that there is one important update for me, and it is always KB2600217. I have installed it 2 or 3 times in the vain hope that it will go away, but NO ! - faithful as ever, it is there for me immediately after it has been installed. All these installs are marked as "successful".

Has anybody else on here had this trouble ? No other updates have behaved like this.

(NB. The forum software will not let me put KB in the title - always "corrects" it to become Kb.)
    Septuagent

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Most likely your .NET 4.0 installation is corrupted in some way. To resolve that, you will have to repair the following products from Control Panel | Programs and Features | Uninstall a Program.Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended

If that does not resolve the issue then uninstall the .NET 4.0 products. Download and install .NET 4.0 client profile.

Joe

Thanks
    Dear JoeP517,

I repaired Client Profile and Extended as you suggested. It made no difference.

I have now uninstalled both and downloaded and installed the Client Profile as you suggest - but not the Extended bit.

What a lengthy Process !! So many restarts. I shall now leave well alone, and await developments.

Thank you for your reply and assistance. Very grateful.
    Septuagent

Thanks
    The "Developments" have been that the arrival of KB2600017 continued. I concluded eventually that the whole thing was in some way related to "Family Tree Maker" which would not function with having .NET Framework Extended installed. I have deleted "Family Tree Maker" (which never worked well on my PC), deleted .NET Framework Extended, and repaired .NET Framework 4 Client. There has now been one arrival of KB2600017 which has installed correctly, and so far hasn't turned up again. We shall see !

Phew.
    Septuagent