Lounger
    Thanks

IE9 64-bit and taskbar Recent list

Thanks to elsewhere in Windows Secrets I've now made 64-bit IE9 my normal version by unpinning 32-bit IE9 from the taskbar and pinning 64-bit IE9 to it. I've also amended the Browser key on my wireless keyboard.

However, I don't see a list of Recent pages when I right-click the IE9 icon on the taskbar (just IE 64-bit; unpin from taskbar; close). How do I enable this list?

StartInPrivateBrowsing is missing from the popup too, although I could always use Ctrl-Shft-P.

Have I started running before 64-bit IE9 can walk?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Anything pinned will use the default browser to open the link. Since you can NOT set 64-bit IE9 as the default browser it would open in 32-bit IE9 which kind of defeats the purpose. Until 64-bit IE can be set to be the default browser I think the behavior will remain as is.

Joe

Thanks
    If you have the 64 Bit browser already open and use the drop down list on the address bar, then these will open in the 64 Bit browser, but as Joe states the Taskbar pinned sites will open in the default browser even though the IE icon is the 64 Bit icon.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you both.

I'll revert to 32-bit IE9 until 64-bit can be set as the default browser, and also because I've noticed that when I leave 64-bit IE9 running for maybe a couple of hours such as when I have lunch, I see it has increased its memory usage to nearly 2GB and is greatly slowing down my 4GB system!

Keith