New Lounger
    Thanks

PC has 2 default gateway addresses - how could this be?

I'm trying to help a friend who has trouble keeping one of his 2 Windows 7 PCs connected to his home network.

It's a fairly basic setup: Everything's set to auto, the PCs are set to allow the modem/router to assign IP addresses, and so on.

There are 2 PCs, both running Win 7 connecting to this modem, both via ethernet cable. One PC has no problems at all. But one keeps losing its connection to the modem and I think I've discovered what's happening, but no idea what's causing it or how to fix it.

Running the command ipconfig/all on the offending pc, shows it as having 2 Default Gateway addresses - one being 10.1.1.1 which is correct, but the other is 0.0.0.0 which obviously isn't.

Anyone know how I can remove the offending gateway address? I tried setting the PC to use assigned IP addresses, but that hasn't fixed it.

Thanks.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    This would be expected if you had 2 network connections - one wireless, one wired. Try disabling the connection you don't use.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Paul, the PC is a laptop so does have 2 adaptors. But I'd already disabled wireless and re-booted before checking via ipconfig/all. And the 2 gateways were both showing up under the Realtek wired NIC. However, I've since done a tcp/ip stack reset and that seems to have fixed the problem. Cheers.