Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Enable "Stereo Mixer" Win 7 32 \ 64

Hello all,
    Found a way to bring back the "Stereo Mixer" that for some reason MS has decided to eliminate in "7" (32 and 64) In Vista and XP you could record Internet "Streaming" audio music, radio programs etc. Whatever comes out of your speakers ( With a free program... Audacity and its MP-3 sidekick LAME) On my "7" OS's it "Got Gone"...I have a "workaround" to bring this " Vista Audio Manager " back with a few not too difficult steps.

1. Make a full backup Image...and burn a recovery disk , and try booting from it....just in case something goes wrong.

2. Download this Realtek Hd Audio Manager V-2.48 Realtek save it someplace convenient.

3. Open your "Device Manager" and find Sound and Video...right click on the one that says Windows HD Audio.(my Screen Shot shows the Realtek one now ). Right click on it and select "Properties" > Driver> and Uninstall.

4. Find your Realtek HD Audio ...and run the installer ...It will ask to re-boot when finished ..

5. Once back up open control panel and find Speakers...>Playback ..make sure "Speakers" are set to default.

6. Click the Recording tab and right click on an empty portion of the panel...Check show "Disabled Devices" and "Disconnected Devices"

7. At this point you will see the Greyed out "Stereo Mix" ..Right click on it and select "Enable"....

8. Reboot and Click on "Show Hidden Icons" and set the New speaker Icon to show...

If all went well you now have your "Stereo Mixer" back... I will post in another thread how to record Internet audio, using the free program "Audacity" and it's MP-3 Companion "LAME" With these you can save the recording to MP-3 or burn it to DVD Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2012-04-05 at 18:53.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Couldn't add this one last Screen Shot ...So had to open my own reply...When you click on the new Icon, this is what you will end up with Lots of choices and Tools
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2012-04-05 at 18:54.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks
    Good find, Fred! The sound is improved.

I'm waiting on the next "how to" - I'm downloading the latest Audacity now.
    Create a new drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"Let them that don't want it have memories of not gettin' any." "Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful." Brother Dave Gardner "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else." Sir Thomas Robert Deware. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Unleash Windows

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    Good find, Fred! The sound is improved.

I'm waiting on the next "how to" - I'm downloading the latest Audacity now.
    "B"
    Hello.. here is the Link Recording Internet Audio Just a "thumbnail" Audacity has many features that will take me a while to learn...Regards Fred
    PlainFred

Thanks
    Thanks Fred!

I've used Audacity before, but never to record internet audio. I'll give it a look.
    Create a new drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"Let them that don't want it have memories of not gettin' any." "Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful." Brother Dave Gardner "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else." Sir Thomas Robert Deware. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Unleash Windows