Lounger
    Thanks

Read Post A question about connecting VGA laptop to TV Dated 2011-10-16..

Hi, this is my first post here and looking forward to future communications and enjoyment of this site as I have been searching for a Windows forum to call home

I have a similar problem as referenced in the above-mentioned post.

I'm working from a Gateway and, unfortunately, the 3.5mm speaker jack is broken. I recently acquired and repaired a 19-inch Trutech flatscreen which only has a VGA port. The Gateway has both VGA and HDMI ports. So...

What are my options for connecting Gateway to tv which allows for sound without use of 3.5mm?

Thanks, in advance.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    very limited as only HDMI will carry sound down the same cable. May be able to get the 3.5mmm jack repaired as it should only be a solder job to replace.
    Unless there is a method to use USB as a sound output. you could possibly buy a new sound card.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Lounger
    Thanks

Red face Thanks Curio

Yes? I have looked into the possibility of replacing the jack and will do so if I can't find a workaround. I'm not privy to any USB options.

I have a home network and will test the functionality of the tv on the Dell for now. If u find other possible solutions please let me know.

Thanks again for advice!