New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Windows Backup not working

Hi, does anyone know how to restore Windows Backup?
    Using Windows 7 64 bit and when i attempt to launch backup nothing happens...

I have tried doing a Windows startup repair, however no errors show when i run it...

In addition I have been attempting to use a 3D rendering program called DAZ 3D Pro and when I run it the program only runs in the taskbar as minimized and will not run full screen.
    This program will not close either unless I go in to task manger and shut it down that way... However TM always gives me an error message stating that the program is waiting for a response from me, yet there is no window showing this in the DAZ 3D program...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as i hate to have to reinstall windows to get backup & this program working.

Thanks.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    See if this thread in Sevens Forum might be a help in your case.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

rmonroe36 (2012-04-07)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Ted. As a long time user of Acronis (like yourself) it pays to be forewarned about future problems. I'll save that site in my favorites.

Rich

New Lounger
    Thanks

Follow these instructions:

1. Are there any external flash drives or wireless dongles connected to the computer?

You may get this error if you had an external drive/dongles connected and had one or more of its folders included in the Library. You may skip these libraries while backing up and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you are using an external hard drive for the backup, make sure it is turned on.

Step 2: Try to exclude all the pre-selected libraries when you start the backup. To do so, follow these steps.

a) Open Backup and Restore. Make sure to select Change settings in the backup and restore window.

b) Select the drive you wish to use for the backup.

c) Now, select “Let me choose” before clicking Next.

d) From the list, uncheck all the pre- selected libraries and also uncheck “Include System Image”.

e) Select files that you want to backup or your user profile which is usually C:\Users\<User name> and then click Next.