New Lounger
    Thanks

Smile Wiping hard drive and starting again

I bought an Acer Aspire 5750 about four months ago and in that short space of time my ex-girlfriend and friends have clogged up my 640g hard drive with all kinds of stuff, downloaded games, programs and who knows what else. As she is now my ex, I can't and don't want to contact her and get her to undo whatever it is they've all done to it. As I'm new to the more technical things about computers, she was supposedly the computer whiz of the two of us but I doubt she even knows how to correct the problem. I've taken all that I want to keep, movies, pictures, music and all that and stored it all on an external hard drive and I was wondering if you could tell me how I can wipe all of the stuff off and start again. I'm told the hard drive is partitioned and you don't actually take windows 7 off of it, you just wipe the other partition. This is what I'd like to do as I lack technical knowledge and time to sift through 600g of stuff to look for any random stuff I might want to keep. If you could explain how to do this to me it would be much appreciated.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Do not wipe any extra partitions, that likely has the image you need to reinstall the system from scratch.
    If this was a new system, you should have either received some install DVDs with it or instructions on how to do a system recovery.
    Understand that this will make the system exactly like it was the day you bought it.
    Since you already have backed up the data you want, you can do the restore and then re-install any programs you have added since then.
    Good luck.

Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi....
    You can easily delete all your files from your computer hard drive that is you can easily wipe your hard drive. There is nothing to think about it. There is a software which can wipe data beyond recovery. This will removes the hard drive data by overwritting it several times. By this the data can be never recovered.To know about the software use this link..
    http://www.wipemydrive.net/
    Also you can download the demo version of software here....