New Lounger
    Thanks

W7 CD File viewing

Hi All
    When I open a CD/DVD in W7 Explorer there is only the desktop file visible, no files burnt to the disk are visible. The only time this changes is when I have burnt the disk from my actual pc. This did not use to be the case, it is something that has occurred. Even a windows CD/DVD is not visible.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Hi addyco, right click dvd/cd drive and select 'Explore'.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by addyco View Post
    Hi All
    When I open a CD/DVD in W7 Explorer there is only the desktop file visible, no files burnt to the disk are visible. The only time this changes is when I have burnt the disk from my actual pc. This did not use to be the case, it is something that has occurred. Even a windows CD/DVD is not visible.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    addyco,
    Hello.... Couple of thoughts..

1.Drivers for your CD\DVD have been corrupted.. sometimes installing patches ,updates etc. If so try this.. Device Manager>DVD\CD drives...Right click and select "Properties" and Driver> Uninstall...Re-Boot and let Windows find your DVD\CD again.

2.If this is not the problem Checkout Link scroll down and and find the description about "Upper "Lower" Filters and remove them

3. Also to be on the safe side ...before trying anything ...Do a "Full Image Backup" Windows or 3rd party...especially when "fooling" around the Registry. Make sure your PC is able to boot from your "Recovery Disk" ( Set to boot from a CD in BIOS) Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Many thanks

Hi All
    Apologies for not replying sooner but I have had a tale of whoe!
    I am sure your suggestions would have been correct. I had had the problem previously but had forgot.
    This problem is now fully sorted due to having totally rebuilt the system. CD works fine & can read any disk.
    Total rebuild due to a partition manager locking up, corrupting MBR & me leaving a Ubuntu 11.1 boot cd in the drive. Only got grub loader missing after that & no Ubuntu.
    Good job you can smile about these things afterwards.
    The language was bad at the time.
    Many thanks.