Thread: Acc2000 (SR1A)

doughnut

Acc2000 (SR1A)

Please help, I am fairly new to the IT world, and am even newer to databases, and Access, but have been put in charge of them. My problem is that I have converted a few users from 97 to 2000. I am finding that the 'Find and Replace' feature that is built in does not return all of the values if they do a search of the whole table. It will return some records, but it is very important that it returns all of them. If I do a field search all of the correct records are returned. Please keep in mind I have not done any VB coding in this database. We are using the Find and Replace that ships with the Suite. Also it worked when we were using 97Sr2.

Thank You for any help you may be able to provide.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Acc2000 (SR1A)

Are you talking about using the Find dialog from an open table? That isn't normally something you allow users to do in a real application. In their own versions of databases, you can't really stop them, but what is the purpose of this replace? It sounds like a good way to destroy your data at one fell swoop.
    Charlotte

doughnut

I

Thanks

Hi,
    A couple of questions:
    1. Have any filters been applied to limit the data shown by the form?
    2. What options are the users using in the Find dialog for Match and Search? These can both restrict what data is found.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

doughnut

The answer to number 1 is no. There have not been any filters placed on the data. There are only 530+ records in the table. As far as the options being placed in the find box. They are searching for any part of the word, in the table and starting at the beginning. I have tried changing things around in this area, and have not had any luck. But the same criteria used while searching only the specific field that the data resides in returns exactly what it should.