2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Another file association problem

I am using Win 7 Ultimate, and have both MS Office 10 & Word 97 which is associated in control Panel with .doc and .rtf files. However, if I double click either a .doc or .rtf file Office starts to wind up. For a simple task of writing a letter I don't need the lumbering Office program, I can finish the job by the time it has got itself up to speed. Even if I right-click on the file and choose Open with Word 97, Office still starts winding up. The only reason I have Office 10 is because W97 can't open some newer formats. How can I get it to but out?

Thanks

David

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for that link. Haven't had a chance to try it out, but I think it's what I need.

David